Tuesday, May 11, 2010

When Angels Argue

With all the billions of angels in heaven,
surely there are disagreements. Little heated
holy discussions too trivial to take to God
but no less important to the parties themselves.

Say two guardian angels find their respective
charges in conflict. Do they sit at a polished
conference table in heaven and cordially, over
coffee and sweet rolls, set a course of action?

Or perhaps they have a picnic on earth and
under an apple tree toss a coin or draw straws.

My hope is that they get into a ring and duke it
out, with fellow angels cheering and screaming
for one side or the other, smoke and wagers filling
the arena.

I often think of my guardian angel and along with
my daily prayers I wish him or her a great right
hook.

gng 2-12-08

No comments:

Post a Comment